Friday, August 26, 2011

Are you a breakfast person?

My answer to that question is YES! I love breakfast and I always have, I have to eat within an hour of waking up otherwise I start to feel nauseous and get grumpy.  I know a lot of people who enjoy eating breakfast but simply "just don't have time" for it.  While that may be true with a traditional cooked breakfast a raw smoothie  takes just a minute or two and you can take it on the go!

I have always loved smoothies but gave them up awhile back after realizing how much a regular fruit smoothie raises glucose levels. I used to be a Jamba Juice junkie not realizing that the fruit smoothies were doing more harm than good for my body. I did my research and have found that if you balance greens, protein and fruit it will inhibit the sugar in the fruit from rising glucose levels so fast.

My favorite raw breakfast smoothie right now is a Blackberry Banana Green Smoothie, its takes about a minute to make and keeps you full for hours. Here is the easy recipe:


Take a handful of fresh or frozen blackberries
(I get my blackberries fresh off the bushes in my yard! It really get much better then free fruit and they taste so much better then store bought!)
1 Banana
Handful of spinach or other leafy greens
2 TBSP of Nutiva Hemp Protein




Put all ingredients into your blender and fill with purified water. Blend well & enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment