Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Lentil Burger Addiction!

I need to admit something..... I have a new addiction.... to vegan lentil burgers! Ever since I ate at Chaco Canyon Organic Cafe the other day I have been OBSESSED with lentil burgers. The first thing I did when I came home was look up a recipe to make some and now I cannot get enough of them!



Above is a picture of my scrumptious homemade lentil burger, a spinach salad with balsamic vinaigrette, olive oil, green & red peppers and cucumber. I usually sautee some sweet onions and put them on top and voila.. a healthy "burger"!

The recipe is super easy to make and I encourage everyone to try it

Vegan Lentil Burger Recipe:

Ingredients

1 cup uncooked lentils
1 cup uncooked brown rice
1-1/2 cups carrots, finely grated
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1-1/2 cups uncooked oatmeal
1 tsp season salt
1 small onion, finely grated



Directions
Cook lentils and rice in 4 cups water for 45 minutes, simmering over low heat in a covered pan. Allow to cool.

Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Shape into patties and cook on griddle or pan (may spray with non-stick spray) over medium heat, until nicely browned (about 6 minutes per side).


Number of Servings: 8




No comments:

Post a Comment